SMCS GROUP INVESTMENTS Pty Ltd, trading as SMCS Safety (“SMCS SAFETY”) respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information or personal data as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia). During the course of its operations, SMCS SAFETY will collect, use and disclose personal information from:
- Customers, account holders and loyalty members;
- Visitors to our website;
- Employees; and
- People who enter trade promotions conducted by SMCS SAFETY.
Use and disclosure of information collected by SMCS SAFETY
The information collected may include:
- Personal details you provide us with when you visit our office (in person), make a purchase online from our website, enter our trade promotions or create accounts with us;
- Your name, address, telephone number/s, drivers licence and email address;
- Details of website usage from visitors to our website.
We may disclose your personal information or data to:
- Members of the SMCS Group of company’s;
- third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as delivery companies, data entry, processing or storage service providers, trade promotion or gift card administration and account management providers;
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- organisations authorised by SMCS SAFETY to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives;
But SMCS SAFETY will not authorise those companies to use your personal information for any other purpose, or if it is otherwise required or authorised by law.
SMCS SAFETY may use your information to:
- communicate with you;
- provide services and products from you and process transactions;
- provide customer service;
- administer your account;
- conduct credit, reference and other checks;
- for SMCS SAFETY’s own internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- due diligence;
- prevent, detect and investigating fraud;
- contact tracing;
- undertake necessary contact tracing;
- order and receive supplies from you;
- receive or make payments from/to you;
- manage your loyalty rewards;
- manage your gift card balance;
- help SMCS SAFETY develop its website to be more specific to Customers’ needs and user friendly;
- meet our legal obligations;
- consider making offers for employment purposes;
- manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial complaints and issues;
- advise you about upcoming sales, specials, events, promotions; and
- for any other use which you authorise from time to time.
In addition, SMCS SAFETY may also use your information to promote and market its products and services, or the products and services of others. However, SMCS SAFETY will not do this by email or SMS (except as part of an email which facilitates, completes or confirms a transaction with you) unless we have your consent to do so. These emails and SMS’ will include an “unsubscribe” facility. Alternatively, if you no longer wish to receive emails or SMS, you can contact us by phoning us or emailing us, details of which are available on the “Contact Us” page of our website.
Your personal information or data may be disclosed to other SMCS entities, business partners and service providers in Australia and overseas for the reason and limited purpose explained below.
The countries this information may be disclosed to will vary from time to time, but may include Australia, United States of America and Cambodia.
Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to process sales, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products, store data or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these services are hosted overseas.
We use products and services maintained in Australia, United States of America and Cambodia.
Your personal information may be stored in a secure and encrypted form overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us (or by third parties on SMCS SAFETY’s behalf) to prevent unauthorised access, use, disclosure, copying, modification and disposal thereof.
Security of your Information
We use industry-standard safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, however, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to SMCS SAFETY.
Access to your information
Updates to your information
If your information changes or you discover that information held by SMCS SAFETY is otherwise incorrect, please contact SMCS SAFETY on 0433 767 533 (Australia) or via our Contact Us page on our website at www.smcssafety.com and SMCS SAFETY will endeavour to update and correct the information. SMCS SAFETY may also contact you from time to time to check that your information is still accurate.
Changes to our policy
SMCS SAFETY’s handling of any information it collects from you (including information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this policy. Please check this policy regularly. You can contact SMCS SAFETY by visiting the Contact Us page on our website at www.smcssafety.com
How you can notify us of a privacy concern or contact our Privacy Contact Officer
- have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by SMCS SAFETY; or
- would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you,
please write to:
The Legal Department, SMCS GROUP INVESTMENTS Pty Ltd, Suite 1, Level 2, 77 Raleigh Road, Essendon, Victoria. 3040, Australia.
0433 767 533 (Australia)
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Updated 1st January 2021